2002 Apr 18 21:02

Re: [vox-tech] Running Cygwin Remotely...?

Re: [vox-tech] Running Cygwin Remotely...?

Ok, so you love Cygwin and you admit to it freely in a linux mail list.
 Here is a tip for you then,  install the Xfree86 component of Cygwin
(if you have not already) so that you can run X applications.  Then
setup a .bat file (or can be a .cmd for NT, 2K or XP) that will launch
your X environment just the way you like it.  Now, you can setup the
shell=cygwin.bat option in win.ini (win95,98) or registry on other
versions.  Then next time you logon to Windows you well get X instead of
explorer.