2002 Apr 19 01:30

Re: [vox-tech] Hard Disk Info

ALLO (Alfredo Lopez) wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a way to query a system and get the HD speed?
>I tried "hdparm -I" but I does not reports the speed. Is there another
>command that will give that info without opening the case.  I am interested
>in getting info on one of our remote servers that is why I am emailing
>instead of opening the case :-))
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Alfredo

Hello Alfred,

The option I usually use is hdparm -i or -I to get the actual hard drive
information.  This may give you the manufacturer and model number.  With
the info you can look up the drive on the manufacturers web site to get
the specifications on the drive.  If you do a man hdparm you will get
more information on the -i and -I options.

Hope this helps,
Stephen