2002 Apr 08 21:20

[vox-tech] proftpd

Does anyone in the group use proftpd?

I’m trying to setup FTP on my Web server so that I can update my Web server.  I ran

apt-get install proftpd

and everything seemed to be going well – until I get the following message:

Selecting previously deselected package proftpd-common.

(Reading database ... 34654 files and directories currently installed.)

Unpacking proftpd-common (from .../proftpd-common_1.2.4-2_i386.deb) ...

Selecting previously deselected package proftpd.

Unpacking proftpd (from .../proftpd_1.2.4-2_i386.deb) ...

Setting up proftpd (1.2.4-2) ...

Starting professional ftp daemon:  - No certificate files found!

proftpd.

I don’t think it has installed properly.

Where can I look to check?

What does it mean by ‘no certificates found’?

Thanks.

Best regards

Martyn

Martyn R. Whittaker