2002 Apr 04 22:44

[vox-tech] X over lan is nice, but a pain starting up.

[vox-tech] X over lan is nice, but a pain starting up.

Well, I've managed to setup an old pentium box as an x termnial, and I like
it very much. Tunneled over a compressed ssh connection, the lag is hardly
noticable. I can get a remote window manager by going in to gdm and seleting
failsafe xterm then running 'ssh -Cf foo blackbox' but this is annoying. Is
there a way to automate this with gdm?