2002 Apr 03 15:21

Re: [vox-tech] Setting faces on KDM

On Mandrake and RedHat, there's something called "prefdm" that will launch
the *DM of your preference.  It used to be a symbolic link to xdm, kdm, or
gdm, but apparently it's now a script.  On Mandrake 8.2 I'm working on, it
reads /etc/sysconfig/desktop to determine which DM you want to run.

-Mark!

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Ryan wrote:

> Oh, would you tell me how to change between KDM and GDM? I couldn't figure it
> out.
>
> The option to change the faces is in KDE Control Center > System > Login
> Manager > Users
>
> On Wednesday 03 April 2002 11:08 am, you wrote:
> > How do you change the picture representation of the users on KDM?
> >
> > I've been using GDM but the configuration seems to be a bit messed up, so
> > I've switched to KDM.  But the configuration file in /usr/share/config/kdm
> > doesn't say anything about setting user faces...
> >
> > Thanks in adv!
> >
> > -Mark

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/