2002 Mar 31 18:33

Re: [vox-tech] Massive network collisions

Re: [vox-tech] Massive network collisions

> Inbetween them I've got a 10 Megabit hub.

Netgear?

Netgear has an ugly failure mode where as the voltage of the
power cube drops you get higher collision rates, up to and including
where the hub is useless because zero packets get through and the
yellow collision light blinks with each packet.

> Anybody have any ideas of avenues I should look down to resolve the
> collisions?

Bill Broadley
Mathematics/Institute of Theoretical Dynamics
UC Davis