2002 Mar 31 16:27

[vox-tech] Massive network collisions

I am expierancing a huge ammount of trasmission collisions on my home lan.
Currently there have been 11,493 transmission errors and 304,565 collisions
after an uptime of only 2 days of uptime.  My linux box acts as a router
between our cable modem and the rest of the lan.

The disto is Mandrake 8.2
Kernel 2.4.18-6
eth0 uses the Realtek 8139too driver and is connected to the lan
eth1 uses the tulip driver and is connected to the cable modem

On the other end I've got a Sony Vaio laptop also using a Realtek 8139 built
in network card running Windows XP Home.

Inbetween them I've got a 10 Megabit hub.

Anybody have any ideas of avenues I should look down to resolve the
collisions?