2002 Mar 31 11:43

Re: [vox-tech] PHP

Well a Zope app consists of a heirarchy of various types of
objects, with a close relationship between the heirarchy and
URLs.  It does a pretty good job of using the objects to
separate content, logic and management.

For example you can create "page templates" that are 100%
valid HTML (and hence editable with anything that understands
HTML), and yet can invoke scripts written in Python or Perl.
This is good for an organization that has both layout artists
and coders working on the same project.

Also it's real handy that you can do just about anything with
Zope thru the web interface, though you'll want to use a real
editor on the larger pages and scripts (supported via ftp and
webdav).

Main downside I see so far: admin documentation is severely
lacking.

See http://www.zope.org/ for more.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/