2002 Mar 29 10:44

Re: [vox-tech] gimp/latex and fonts

All of LaTeX's fonts are in /usr/share/texmf/fonts if it's installed in
the standard path.  Hopefully the font you want is in Type1 format (.pfb
or .pfa).  Look for it, and put it in X's font path, probably
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1.  Rehash the fontlist (I don't remember how
-- just restart xfs at the worst case, I suppose).

Isn't the font used in \mathcal similar to one of the fancy fonts
(Corsica?) included with Gimp?

-Mark

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> is there any way of getting access to latex fonts via gimp?
>
> specifically, i get a nice math font suitable for algebraic topology in
> latex using \mathcal{}.
>
> i'd like to be able to use this font in the gimp.
>

> anyone?
>
> pete

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/