2002 Mar 15 17:03

Re: [vox-tech] familiar review

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 02:52:36PM -0800, Geoffrey Herteg wrote:
> To answer Bill's question about the filesystem layout in Familiar,
> here's the scoop:

Thanks. :)

> / is a JFFS2 partition mounted RW.  RW?!  Yeah, but don't worry, it only
> gets written to when you make a change to something like /etc/foo or
> something else not in /var or /tmp.

Similar to the Agenda.

Here's what the Zaurus has, on /my/ particular device.
(Again, I'm running an alternative ROMdisk)

# mount
/dev/mtdblock0 on / type cramfs (ro)                   16MB internal Flash ROM
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)                          /proc
/dev/ram1 on /dev type minix (rw)                      /dev
/dev/mtdblock1 on /home type ext2 (rw,sync,noatime)    64MB removable SD card
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)                      /dev/pts
/dev/hda1 on /usr/mnt.rom/cf type vfat (rw)            64MB removable CF card

# df
Filesystem     1k-blks   Used  Avail  Use%  Mounted on
/dev/ram1           44     24     20   55%  /dev
/dev/mtdblock1   58977  43804  12128   78%  /home
/dev/hda1        62436  21994  40442   35%  /usr/mnt.rom/cf

In comparison, here's the Agenda VR3  (running a non-altered ROM)

$ mount
/dev/hdc2 on / type unknown (rw,noatime)               16MB internal Flash
proc on /proc type proc (rw)                           /proc

$ df
Filesystem     1k-blks   Used  Avail  Use%  Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock0    3328   3072    256   92%  /flash     Where ROM lives for
                                                       reset

It's odd that "/" isn't listed on either unit's "df" output...