2002 Mar 15 20:24

Re: [vox-tech] LaTeX longtable

> begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
[...]
> > What I really want, of course, is the ENTIRE longtable to be as wide
> > as the widest one.  Setting LTchunksize to something unreasonably large
> > (like 500) seems to break LaTeX (all but one page gets rendered).
> >
> > I assumed I could do something silly like set the longtable's width
> > to, oh, I dunno... 8 inches?  But the "\begin{longtable}" syntax
> > doesn't seem to like it very much. :)

I have used longtable. You can set the columns to a particular width. For
example:

	\usepackage{longtable}
	\setcounter{LTchunksize}{100}
	\usepackage{mdwtab}

	[...]

	\begin{longtable}{
		p{1.65cm}
		p{5.3cm}
		>{\hfill}p{2.1cm} # right-aligned column
		>{\hfill}p{2.1cm}
		>{\begin{flushleft}}p{3.8cm}<{\end{flushleft}}
		p{1.0cm}
	}

This somewhat hideous example creates six columns, all fixed width. The
flushleft environment prevents the text in the fifth column from being
stretched to fill the margins. You may insert arbitrary code before a
column's text using >{}, or after using <{}. You may need to bring in the
mdwtab package as well to make the exampe work.

--
Henry House