2002 Mar 12 22:21

[vox-tech] Software IDE Root RAID on Linux

[vox-tech] Software IDE Root RAID on Linux

Has anyone setup a software RAID 0 (or any other level for that matter)
with IDE drive as a root partion on Linux?

I am looking to do this at work as a file server to put some
non-critical data on that we already have on CD so it does not need to
be RAID 1 or 5 and does not need to be backed up.  This is so that we do
not waste space on our other servers that have more important data.

I have looked through the how-to already and it is dated (pre 2.4
kernels) and does not mention setting it up as root.

Thanks,
Stephen