2002 Mar 10 13:54

Re: [vox-tech] binding multi ip's to single iface in debian

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 mrdoug@attbi.com wrote:
> Ok, didn't realize it was a kernel option... but it makes
> sense. I should have said that I'm using 2.4.18 kernel. I
> can't find an option for CONFIG_IP_ALIAS and the
> Configure.help for this version doesn't have this entry.
> What version of the kernel did you find this?

v2.2.

It is possible that this feature has just been enabled and forced "on" in
2.4 series kernels. What happens when you try to configure an interface
called eth0:0 instead of eth0 (or whatever interface you want to bind
multiple IP addresses to ?

-ME