2002 Mar 10 15:29

Re: [vox-tech] netmask question

Pete,
The term your looking for is supernetting. It has been
used in the past to combine 2 net's but exxentially you
are messing with the netmask. It's been along time since
I've had to calculate the netmask so I'm rusty, but I've
always been taught to break it down to binary
(255=11111111) and it makes the calculations easier (then
convert back to decimal). FWIW Here's a web site that
seems to be a decent tutorial.
http://www.gtoal.com/subnet.html

-Doug