2002 Mar 10 12:20

Re: [vox-tech] netmask question

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> On Sunday 10 March 2002 08:17 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > how would someone write a range of IP addresses
> >
> > 61.220.0.0 - 61.227.255.255
> >
> > in the form of n.n.n.n/m.m.m.m?
> >
> > i'm looking more for the "how to do it" than the answer.
>
> That's a weird range:
>
>   220 = 11011100
>   227 = 11100011
>
> Doesn't tell me what your netmask is, anyway.  :-)

it's an isp in china:

p@satan% whois 61.220.0.0

inetnum:     61.220.0.0 - 61.227.255.255
netname:     HINET
descr:       Data Communication Business Group, Chunghwa Telecom Co.,
descr:       Commerical ISP
descr:       21, Section 1, Hsin-Yi Road, Taipei,
descr:       Taipei 100, Taiwan, R.O.C.

so there's no way to describe this network in a hosts.deny file other
than something like

ALL: 61.220.
ALL: 61.221.
ALL: 61.226.