2002 Mar 09 14:50

Re: [vox-tech] jay and dselect

> make sure these packages are installed:
>
> ii  xfree86-common  4.1.0-14       X Window System (XFree86)
infrastructure
> ii  xfreecd         0.7.8-5        a GTK-based CD Player
> ii  xserver-xfree86 4.1.0-14       the XFree86 X server
> ii  xbase-clients   4.1.0-14       miscellaneous X clients

How do I do this?  I did:

debian:~# apt-cache search xfree | grep -E "xfree|xbase"
xfree86-common - X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
xfreecd - a GTK-based CD Player
xserver-xfree86 - the XFree86 X server
xbase - XFree86 upgrade convenience package

But this doesn't tell me the versions

Also I did:
debian:~# X -probeonly 2> X.out
debian:~# head X.out

XFree86 Version 3.3.6a / X Window System
Release Date: xx November 2000
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.4.13 i686 [ELF]
Configured drivers:
  SVGA: server for SVGA graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 1):

So it seems I still have v3 of X installed.

Lastly, I don't have man pages anymore (maybe I never did)

Jay