2002 Mar 07 08:02

Re: [vox-tech] Is dselect still a package?

Re: [vox-tech] Is dselect still a package?

begin Jay Strauss <jjstrauss@yahoo.com>
> I just installed debian (again and again...).

why would you install it more than once?

> I was reading about dselect,
> but its not on my system,

hard to believe.  i hope this isn't an insulting question, but what
makes you think it's not on your system?

> I did a apt-cache search dselect but there is no
> package called that.

sounds like you should read www.dirac.org/linux/debian.

satan# dpkg -S dselect
dpkg: /usr/bin/dselect
dpkg: /usr/share/man/sv/man8/dselect.8.gz
perl: /usr/bin/podselect
perl: /usr/share/man/man1/podselect.1.gz
dpkg: /usr/share/man/man8/dselect.8.gz
base-config: /usr/lib/base-config/60dselect
dpkg: /usr/share/man/ja/man8/dselect.8.gz
dpkg: /etc/dpkg/dselect.cfg

dselect is provided by dpkg.  if THAT'S not on your system, well, you
must have burned suse on your debian disks by accident.

i'd recommend against using dselect anyhow.  dpkt/apt are a good combo.

pete