2002 Mar 06 21:57

Re: [vox-tech] Can I do this?

I've been happy with register.com service for several
years now.  Nice web interface.  I do not believe that
they have provisions for dynamic IP addresses though.

-sp
"Jay Strauss" wrote

> zoneedit.com is good too.  Its supposed to be used
for dynamic IP
> connections, but (obviously) works fine for static
ones too.  I like their
> interface better than granitecanyon's.  Simple to
setup a domain and have it
> do mail forwarding to your normal email.
>
> Jay

old tan box in the
> > > corner (686 200, 32M 1.2G) but I have my own
domain and have setup MX
> > > records (and all that other stuff ) on one of the
free DNS servers out
> > > there. The learning curve for setting up your own
server is steep but
> > > doable.
> >
> > it's really not bad.
> >
> > check out www.granitecanyon.com (or
soa.granitecanyon.com maybe?).

> > they give you examples of how to set up your own
dns.  i still don't
> > know the first thing about dns, but was able to
cook up my own records