2002 Mar 06 16:43

[vox-tech] Can I do this?

All I'm asking is whether this is possible, just so I can demonstrate my
own lack of knowledge about e-mail and how the internet works.

I'm running my RH7.2 computer at home, and I have Pacbell as my DSL
provider.  When I send out mail, of course, I send it through Pacbell's
servers.

Is it possible to run a mail server on my own box so that I don't have
to send through Pacbell's servers?  I understand that I'd have to do
some security tightening to make sure no one uses my box for spamming.

So... Is it possible?

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford