2002 Mar 01 15:07

Re: [vox-tech] ip_masq-quake.o

IIRC, ipchains and ipfw didn't handle "related" ip
traffic. It was one of the most annoying features of
that firewalling code. You had to load other modules so
that related ip traffic could follow the same rules.
With the masq modules you could define one set of rules
for say ftp and then realted ip traf could be handled.

I remember having alot of trouble with FTP until I RTFM
and loaded the right modules.

-doug