January 6: Social gathering
2002 Feb 28 20:56

Re: [vox-tech] How is lugod.org put together?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jay Strauss wrote:
> The lugod site looks (and works) nicely.  What technologies are you using?
> That is, how and who did your graphics.  Do you use some sort of a web
> templating system, lugod has a similar look to other open source sites.  Is
> the mailing list major domo?  What do you use to archive and search the
> mailing list?  Anything I'm missing

I will once again tap into my powers of prediction but this time use the
evil side:
(joke)

Obviously, since this is a Linux group, and one that has discussed a name
change to be "glugod" to bring notice to the GNU part of many Linux
Distros, this web site is powered by Microsoft IIS Version 2.0 and ASP
running on MS Windows NT 3.51 on a 512 CPU IA64 system with 760TB RAID-5
volumes (of which 5kB are free after the OS installation) and 512PB of RAM
(of which none is free as we are into Windows Virtual Memory) with
multiple bonded OC24 connections to ISPs that run Windows 1900 as routers

All publishing is done via FrontPage, and pictures are made with ms paint
or Photoshop because the GIMP is wayyyy to expensive, and is a virus or
cancer,or will bring destruction to the US economy or something.

/me looks around to see if anyone noticed.
/me creeps away to hide behind his Linux boxes for fear of being shot...

-ME