2002 Feb 25 23:09

Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

Another possibiliity comes to mind, that of the Linux
Frame Buffer. If the video chipset is VESA 2.0
complient, that will work. I used it to set up a Rage
128 Pro based card to work with X 4.1.0.

Also, RH 7.2 has a number of drivers from X 4.2.0
hacked for the X 4.1.? that it comes with.

If you're interested in the Frame Buffer
instructuions, the HOWTO URL is:

www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html

I can also pass along the specific procedures I used
at work.

Marc