2002 Feb 25 23:09

Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:11:58PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> <snip>
> > if anyone here is aware of any distributions that carry 4.2.*, i'd like
> > to make a list for my own personal knowledge.  please post your info.
> > :)
>
> If possible, it might be useful just to burn a CDROM every couple of months
> which contains Debian packages and RPMs (possibly numerous ones... one
> for SuSE, one for RedHat, one for Mandrake, etc.) of the latest XF86 4.x,
> and possible even have a copy of the absolute latest source tarball...
>
> Just a suggestion :)

unfortunately, afaics, debian sid still uses 4.1.0.  if anyone knows of
someone packaging a more recent X for debian, i'd like to know about it.

also, if anyone knows where redhat, suse, mandrake, etc keep a copy of X
4.2.* rpm's (if they exist), please save me from hunting for them all by
emailing urls directly to me (rather than the list).  i keep my own
installfest disk that i bring.  i'll burn them and their dependencies on
my disk.

pete

--
Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM treaty..deficit..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?