2002 Feb 20 17:19

Re: [vox-tech] Clock drift bad, HULK SMASH!

Re: [vox-tech] Clock drift bad, HULK SMASH!

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:20:40AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[...]
> ryan, you tell the firewall what services you want to run...the
> firewall isn't supposed to tell you!

He may be referring to the facist firewall at the high school, using his
notebook.

Ryan: if this is a home firewall, can you tell us about it? Is it Seawall or
a similar packaged script? Or a custom bunch or ipchains or iptables calls?
It should not be difficult to poke a hole in the firewall to let NTP through.
The hole need be opened only to the NTP servers, no to the entire net, so the
security impact is minimal.

--
Henry House