2002 Feb 17 23:10

Re: [vox-tech] usb woes

begin Erik Mullinix <Hesp@rainworks.org>
> When I went through the device management for my mouse
> (usb) and tried my scanner. it was coming up under the scsi device list. but
> unnaccessable innicialy.Did you know suse has a nice scanner utility ?

device management?   what's device management?  are we talking about
windows or linux?

there appears to be no evidence that the kernel is mis-managing the
devices.  at least, none that i can see.  maybe this is a windows (or
suse) thing?  i dunno.  it's just hard to believe the linux would
misregister hardware.  especially hardware plugged into completely
different ports.

> and I dont have it overclocked. I think there is a problem with the chipset
> controls for the pci buss.

wierd.  did you know that there were bad problems of people selling over
rated celeron chips?   apic errors are very rare.  except when a CPU is
run at a speed faster than its rating.

i forget the details, but there are websites out there that can tell you
if you have a mislabelled celeron.  even fox news ran a story on this
about 3 years ago.

pete