2002 Feb 16 23:56

Re: [vox-tech] usb woes

When I went through the device management for my mouse
(usb) and tried my scanner. it was coming up under the scsi device list. but
unnaccessable innicialy.Did you know suse has a nice scanner utility ?

At any rate im tryin to find that setup.

and I dont have it overclocked. I think there is a problem with the chipset
controls for the pci buss.

Hesp

> hi erik,
>
> ok, other than the fact that (juding by your apic errors) you probably
> overclock your cpus, this didn't say much.
>
> why do you think the USB devices show up as scsi devices?
>
> pete
>

> begin Erik Mullinix <Hesp@rainworks.org>
> > Pete. My system is a dual celeron 500. i do have some issues with APIC
and
> > sound.. but not services or devices.
> >
> > SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
> > request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
> > request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
>
> (snip)
>
> > usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
> > usb.c: registered new driver hub
> > uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xa000, IRQ 19
> > usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
> > hub.c: USB hub found
> > hub.c: 2 ports detected
> > uhci.c: :USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
> > eth1: Setting half-duplex based on MII#1 link partner capability of
0081.

> --
> Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM
treaty..deficit..