2002 Feb 15 21:39

Re: [vox-tech] time jumps 8 hours

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, eric nelson wrote:
> It is supicious about the 8 hour offset.  I had ntp running, but turned it
> off about a week ago when I saw this problem.  I don't think there are any
> other cron jobs, but I'll check tomorrow.

Things to check out:

tzconfig

exaine your log files. Most are date/time stamped. If your clock changes,
you should be able to see around the time this took place according to
the logs files.

Log files may also let you know what application/service may have been
changing your clock.

inspect your clock (in BIOS) to see if it is in GMT.

See if you have somehow installed more than one ntp client (one that say
only starts up via cron job every 24 hours vs one that is
daemonized/inetd(on demand).

-ME