2002 Feb 12 14:15

Re: [vox-tech] Troubleshooting Samba

richard,

along with the samba distribution, there's a document called (something
like) 'samba printing troubles'.   that would be a good bet.   there was
something in there that comes to mind, and i think it would help you out
alot.

the basic gist is this:

you trick samba into saving the file to disk rather than spooling the
file to lpr.  that way, you can see precisely what gets sent to the
spool.   this will tell you immediately whether data is being lost or
not because you can see exactly what linux is receiving from the windows
machine.

pete

begin Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
> Here's my setup.  I've got my trust RH 7.2 box connected to my old
> Windows 98 computer.  I'm still working on getting my printer working
> properly...  I'm using CUPS to print, and Gimp-Print as my printer
> driver.  The printer is hooked up to the computer by a USB connection.
>
> The problem is that some data appears to get lost when going through
> Samba, so that when it gets printed, the last few lines of my document
> are cut off.  When I print directly from my Linux box, there is no cut
> off of data.
>
> I've been to www.samba.org and have poked around, but I'm not sure how
> to get started researching this problem.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions or ideas?
>
> --
> Sliante,
> Richard S. Crawford
>
> mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com		http://www.mossroot.com
> AIM:  Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Yahoo!: rscrawford
> MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com
>
> "It is only with the heart that we see rightly; what is essential is
> invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupery
>
> "Push the button, Max!"

Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM treaty..deficit..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?