2002 Feb 11 20:38

Re: [vox-tech] ******* Video card....

ryan,

i'm not extremely familiar with this chipset, but i was under the
impression that official patches to the xfree86 cvs were *just* added
a few weeks ago.

a quick search on deja yielded something similar to your problem:

   The only problem is, that if I switch to graphic-mode, I have to turn
   off the monitor (Fn+F5). If X is started, I can switch on the Monitor
   again.  If I want to get back to the text modus, its the same again

does that help?

if you're not using 4.2.*, you may want to try upgrading (not familiar
with mandrake either, sorry).

pete

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>

--
Enron..safe legal abortion..civil liberty..repealing ICBM treaty..deficit..
What's worse?  Screwing an intern or screwing an entire country?