January 6: Social gathering
2002 Feb 11 11:54

Re: [vox-tech] Problems with a motherboard.

Re: [vox-tech] Problems with a motherboard.

> i've seen problems like this where the motherboard was grounding to the
> case via the motherboard connectors.  atx boxes have metal risers which
> should have "oh's" to electrically disconnect the mother board
> from the case.  the holes themselves are insulated, but sometimes the
> connectors are wider than the insulation strip.
>
> pete

I looked at the system again and sure enough it does not have the "oh's"
.  I have a few red oh's that I can put in.

Another thing, I noticed this system was installed with the pink foam on
the bottom.  I have seen this on one other computer before.  Is this anti
static foam?  It just seems weird to me.

I am going to also basically disable everything on the motherboard like
Erik suggested and try an add on video card.  This system is just behaving
strangely.

Thanks for all the input,
Stephen