2002 Feb 03 10:33

Re: [vox-tech] reading files into a web page

Re: [vox-tech] reading files into a web page

> jim, just out of curiosity, in my hypothetical
> webpage:
<snip>
> where would the perl code go?  (i am a total newbie
> in dynamic webpage
> content).   sorry if this question is painful, but i
> honestly don't
> know.  :)

Hi Pete,

I was thinking more along the lines of a cgi script as
a general alternative to PHP or SSI.  Unfortunately,
in re-reading my example code, I did not convey that
thought.  A cgi script could insert something in the
middle of an html template and deliver the whole page.

However, cgi does introduce more complexity into a
solution, especially the way I write code, than
apparently does PHP or SSI.  So, in seeing how PHP
could handle your situation, I like that approach
better.  Sorry for the confusion.

---
Jim

=====