2002 Feb 03 09:34

Re: [vox-tech] reading files into a web page

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 23:44, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> jim, just out of curiosity, in my hypothetical webpage:
>
>    <HTML>
>    <HEAD><TITLE>Bulletin Board</TITLE></HEAD>
>    <BODY>
>    <PRE>
>    `cat /www/pcgm/bulletins`
>    </PRE>
>    </BODY>
>    </HTML>
>
> where would the perl code go?  (i am a total newbie in dynamic webpage
> content).   sorry if this question is painful, but i honestly don't
> know.  :)

It, uh, wouldn't :)

You'd need to generate the entire page from a Perl CGI - or, use a Perl
package such as Mason (HTML::Mason?) to create web "templates" where you
can stick your Perl code, and edit your configuration file to know how
to automatically invoke the Perl stuff appropriately. Can't really help
you there.

Micah