2002 Feb 03 15:58

Re: [vox-tech] ZIP drive woes

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, nbs wrote:
> Odd... No light.  Just this:
>   # dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=10
>   dd: /dev/sda: Input/output error
>   0+0 records in
>   0+0 records out

OK, how about this. Did you recently make any changes to the parallel port
in the BIOS? For example: Unidirectional, Bi-directional/PS2, ECP with DMA
etc?

If so, try setting the port to Bi-directional which will ikely be slower
than other faster bi-dirtectional modes, but good for testing.

Unlikely:
Could the ZIP disks be for the Mac of maybe an Atari that is not ext2 or
vfat compatibile?

(This should not stop the disks from being read with something like dd
though.)