2002 Feb 02 10:31

[vox-tech] reading files into a web page

[vox-tech] reading files into a web page

suppose i have a web page http://www.dirac.org/pcgm/bulletinboard:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Bulletin Board</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

and i'd like to put the contents of some file in the body, formatted as
verbatim text (say, between pre tags).  i'd like to do something like:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Bulletin Board</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE>
`cat /www/pcgm/bulletins`
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

how can i do this?  i *think* php can do this, but i don't know a lick
of php.  can someone give me explicit instructions on how to do this
sort of thing?

if it makes a difference, i'm putting a form on the same page that adds
text to /www/pcgm/bulletins.

pete