2002 Jan 28 12:29

[vox-tech] Oracle question

Hi,

Did anyone install Oracle for Linux before? I'm trying to install
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition on Redhat7.1 just to get the flavor of it.
This version of Oracle came with the book: Steve Bobrowski Oracle8i for
Linux starter kit.

I set up the groups, accounts, and environmental variables how it's
written in the book. On the other hand, after the runInstaller is
lunched, the jre will start doing something (over 95% CPU time), says
"wait", the CD stops, and the Oracle install window never pops up. Any
help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin

p/s: Thanks for everyone on the last Installfest helping me with the
installation.