2002 Jan 26 00:15

[vox-tech] ksh question

Ok, a question guaranteed not to get flamed, or start a war.

I want one environmental variable to equal another (dynamically all the
time) but I can't figure it out.  That is I want the behavior of:

export PS1='$PWD'

For example, this is what I'd like to happen (though I can't get it to
work):

pete=one
repeat=$pete
echo $repeat