2002 Jan 21 12:47

Re: [vox-tech] Network Configurator

A few things:

   1. What happens when you type `/sbin/ifup eth0` as root?
   2. What does `/sbin/ifconfig` say?
   3. What does `/sbin/ifconfig -a` say?
   4. What does `/sbin/route -n` say?
   5. Are you sure the ENGR domain does not use DHCP?  Isn't ENGR
      a part of Network 21?
   6. What does `cat /etc/resolv.conf` say?
   7. What does `cat /etc/sysconfig/network` say?
   8. What does `cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0` say?

It's a lot of outputs but they all relate to networking and it'd be nice
to see the whole picture.

-Mark

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Eric C Moloy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This message is a follow up to an earlier message in Vol 1 #69 about not
> being able to access the network.  The network card has been replaced, and
> Red Hat recognizes and installs the new eth0 device.  I am still unable to
> connect, however.  The following are the current settings in Network
> Configurator"
>
> under the 'names' tab
> host name: 'computername'
> domain: engr.ucdavis.edu
> name servers: 169.237.1.250
> name servers: 169.237.250.250
>
> under the 'hosts' tab
> 169.237.204.XXX, computername.engr.ucdavis.edu
>
> under the 'interfaces' tab
> lo, 127.0.0.1, none, yes, active
> eth0, 169.237.204.XXX, none, yes, active
>
> under the 'names' tab
> eth0, 169.237.204.0, 255.255.255.0, 169.237.204.254
>
> The addresses, as far as IP, DNS, etc are all correct and functional.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards - ECM

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/