2002 Jan 20 22:09

[vox-tech] Network Configurator

Hello,

This message is a follow up to an earlier message in Vol 1 #69 about not
being able to access the network.  The network card has been replaced, and
Red Hat recognizes and installs the new eth0 device.  I am still unable to
connect, however.  The following are the current settings in Network
Configurator"

under the 'names' tab
host name: 'computername'
domain: engr.ucdavis.edu
name servers: 169.237.1.250
name servers: 169.237.250.250

under the 'hosts' tab
169.237.204.XXX, computername.engr.ucdavis.edu

under the 'interfaces' tab
lo, 127.0.0.1, none, yes, active
eth0, 169.237.204.XXX, none, yes, active

under the 'names' tab
eth0, 169.237.204.0, 255.255.255.0, 169.237.204.254

The addresses, as far as IP, DNS, etc are all correct and functional.
Thanks for your help.

Regards - ECM