2002 Jan 19 11:31

[vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

[vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

when a win98 machine has 2 users on it, where do the different desktops
reside on disk?

i'm asking because i used smbclient (as user p on satan) to connect to
a windows machine that has accounts for both rhonda and i:

p@satan% smbclient //navalle/C
added interface ip=192.168.0.2 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
smb: \> cd windows/desktop

and i'm looking at rhonda's desktop, not mine (which have different
files).

do different desktops have different file locations?  is there a way to
specify to smbclient which one i want?

pete