2002 Jan 21 11:34

Re: [vox-tech] perl and OTHERLDFLAGS

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Not a linux question but, I'm trying to compile DBD-Oracle for perl and in
> the README.hpux it says:
> ----
> In my case, LhtStrInsert was undefined.  To solve this problem, I had
> to looked though the Oracle libraries using nm.  I found the symbol
> in 3 separate libraries in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.  I then proceeded to as these
> libraries to the OTHERLDFLAGS makefile macro until I got a clean linke.
> libqsmashr.sl was what did the trick for me.
> ----
>
> How do I add other libraries to the OTHERLDFLAGS makefile macro?  The README
> doesn't give any clues

This depends on how the macro is used.  Taken out of context, I don't
know.  Could be space delimited, could require a -l before each library
name, could be something else.

The general procedure in this kind of situation is: Find the command that
uses this macro in the Makefile.  Use "man" for that command to learn what
options/arguments it wants.  Experiment.  If getting nowhere, ask people
familiar with that makefile (Oracle groups).

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing