2002 Jan 17 23:13

Re: [vox-tech] Questions about building my own box

Re: [vox-tech] Questions about building my own box

I agreed, Star Office 5.2 sucked.  But 6.0b is a vast improvement over
5.2; a number of the major issues have been fixed -- it no longer does
the hostile takeover of your desktop that it once did, a feture that
drove me away from it some time ago.

Personally, I'm partial to WordPerfect and have been since 5.1 for DOS.
  I'm saddened that Corel no longer supports to Linux edition of
WordPerfect.

Netscape 4.7 is okay for Linux; haven't tried 6.2  Mozilla 0.9.7 is
pretty good; I'm looking forward to seeing Mozilla 1.0 in about 2057 or
so.  Konquerer is more than adequate for almost all of my browsing needs.

I've finally reached the point where I'm only loading Windows when I
have to run our scanner off of my computer (I failed to research which
scanners are compatible with Linux when I purchased one).

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com