2002 Jan 17 11:49

Re: [p@dirac.org: Re: [vox-tech] Questions about building my own box]

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:49:10PM -0800, Ajay wrote:
> briefly.. Hola..
>
> * Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> [020116 21:13], about
>
> :mentioned sending to him.  This is, in my opinion, a very serious breach
> :of standard internet protocol.
>
> Please go ahead and read laws on email privacy.  They all basically say
> 'you have none,' and basically all fall on common sense.

There is a huge difference between email privacy and this.  This is
often considered a possible breach of *copyright* law, since
permission wasn't given to republish the letter (this is more of an
issue in more public forums, such as USENET).

Regardless, it is plain indecent.  It has little to do with law, and
everything to do with netiquette and just plain moral common sense.
Your argument about email privacy is completely irrelevant, IMO.

Micah