2002 Jan 16 15:35

Re: [vox-tech] Questions about building my own box

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 13:17, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I'm thinking about building a new box, unfortunately I don't know
> anything about hardware
>
> I'm using www.spartantech.com (because they're out where I live), my

Yours Truly is in Davis.  :-)

> first choice it the chip:
>
> I have to choose:
> socket 423 vs 478
> bus speed 256 vs 512
> chip speed - I know what this is.

This is Pentium stuff.  You'll get better performance for your money with
an Athlon system.  Get a DDR motherboard with the KT266A chipset (NOT the
KT266).  One I like is the AOpen AK77Pro(A).

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/