2002 Jan 16 16:38

[vox-tech] Questions about building my own box

[vox-tech] Questions about building my own box

I'm thinking about building a new box, unfortunately I don't know anything
about hardware

I'm using www.spartantech.com (because they're out where I live), my first
choice it the chip:

I have to choose:
socket 423 vs 478
bus speed 256 vs 512
chip speed - I know what this is.

Is the 423 an older style than the 478? the 478 is less expensive, is that
good?
bus speed, how will that impact the system, is it worth the price? It seems
I have have to buy the fastest chip in order to get the bigger bus (maybe it
just doesn't make sense with a slower chip?)

Jay