2002 Jan 13 20:50

Re: Palm Pilot (was: Re: [vox-tech] Epson 820 Printer: The Saga isat an

Re: Palm Pilot (was: Re: [vox-tech] Epson 820 Printer: The Saga isat an end)

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Richard Crawford wrote:

> Understood... But pilot-link wouldn't work when it was pointing at
> ttys0.  I did some research and found that cua0 was old-speak for ttys0,
> and tried it on a whim.  It worked.  Go figure.

ttys0 probably didn't work because another program has a lock on it.  cua0
doesn't do a good job with locks, hence the deprecation.  It's just a
guess, though.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim