2002 Jan 13 19:38

[vox-tech] newbie

Hi,

I'm completely new to the realm of LINUX and to your discussion group.
I'm a UC Davis grad student trying to put a bioinformatics workstation
to work at home. Any idea, how I can get some help with
installation-related questions?

The acute issue is how to connect a Windows 98 laptop to the LINUX box.
Today, I installed Redhat 7.1 and SAMBA. Consequently, the LINUX machine
can talk to itself via SAMBA but the Windows laptop doesn't see it
through the network (network == a patch-cable connecting the two NICs).
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin