2002 Jan 09 20:10

[vox-tech] mounting woes

My dead rat 6.2 partition was filling up, and I got a new 40 gig drive, so I
decided to put part of the distro on a partition on the 40 gig, but got into
trouble.

First, I mounted the new partition:
mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/40g

then I copied /home and /usr to /mnt/40g.  The goal is to move them, but for
now I just renamed:
mv /home /home1
mov /usr /usr1

then I created links in /
ln -s /mnt/40g/home home
ln -s /mnt/40g/usr usr

I fixed up fstab to mount the new partition.  It seemed like everything
should work OK, but when I tried startx, it couldn't find things, fonts and
such.  Is the basic theory OK, or am I making a conceptual problem?