2002 Jan 08 12:49

Re: [vox-tech] what is a bus error

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:07:07AM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
<snip>

>   long a = *(reinterpret_cast<long*> (x+1));
>   // there are no guarantees about the alignment of the second byte of data
>   // so we could get a bus error here

Konqueror/Embeded 'bus error's on my Zaurus.  I've heard it's a common
problem right now, and that there's a "byte alignment" setting you can
give your system by cat'ing a certain value (0, 1 or 2) into some file
in /proc...

Don't ask me more, I don't know.  FYI, it didn't work. :)
(Which is fine... Opera works well enough for me on the Z :) )