2002 Jan 08 10:22

[vox-tech] Oh my God! What have I done to my poor Linux box?!!?

[vox-tech] Oh my God! What have I done to my poor Linux box?!!?

Armed with a CompUSA gift certificate that a friend of mine gave me for my
birthday, I went today and picked up RH7.2 to upgrade my system, something
I've been meaning to do for awhile.

So I started the upgrade process, and everything appeared to go
smoothly.  I created the boot disk (because I'm not ready to try to zark my
Win2k installation, which I still use, by messing up a LILO or GRUB
installation) as normal.  But when I try to boot into RH7.2, I get the
following:

         BOOT FAILED

That's it.  Nothing.  Not even a friendly "Kernel panic!" message, which
I've encountered enough times to deal with at this point.

It could be that I just chose a bad disk to create my boot disk on, but I
fear that something more nefarious might be happening.  Anyone have any
suggestions?

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"