January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jan 07 22:15

Re: [vox-tech] Loading kernel modules at boot.

Re: [vox-tech] Loading kernel modules at boot.

You might want to try the kernel module loader, under loadable module support.
It loads the module for you when you try to access a device.

from the <Help> --

  x CONFIG_KMOD:                                                            x
  x                                                                         x
  x Normally when you have selected some drivers and/or file systems to     x
  x be created as loadable modules, you also have the responsibility to     x
  x load the corresponding modules (using the programs insmod or            x
  x modprobe) before you can use them. If you say Y here however, the       x
  x kernel will be able to load modules for itself: when a part of the      x
  x kernel needs a module, it runs modprobe with the appropriate            x
  x arguments, thereby loading the module if it is available. (This is a    x
  x replacement for kerneld.) Say Y here and read about configuring it      x
  x in Documentation/kmod.txt.

-Gabe